At some point that weekend (July 4th) tmail is coming for a fun-filled adventure-fest: a road bike ride (40-70 miles) followed by a hike the next day.
We don't have a fixed schedule yet, but hopefully one or more of you can make one or more of those days. at this point we're pretty flexible and don't have a specific route planned for bike or hike. I understand that the weekend of the 4th is a big family holiday and it's not likely anyone can make it, but just in case you have one day free, consider joining forces.
It's also not clear how my ankle will hold up on a ride, let alone ride and hike. The doc asked me not to stress it by 'clipping out' for another week yet. I've also done one road bike ride this year: 35 miles. so i'll be at the back watching the road for stuff you guys may have dropped.
- hardwick - craftsbury - irasburg - barton - greensboro - hardwick
- something involving burke and island pond.
- double gap ride going over - um - two gaps. probably app gap is one (heading east toward waitsfield).
- single gap ride, starting in champlain valley, riding around, climbing the app gap, turning around and going back to car by a different route (i gotta get new brake pads)
- waterbury to stowe to cambridge via smuggler's notch. return via pleasant valley.
- something involving woodbury, morrisville and hyde park
- danville - groton - groton state forest - danville
- something involving rte 5 south of st. j. through barnet, mcindoe falls, monroe, woodsville and other connecticut valley destinations.
- green mountain madness: a long trek (spotting a car) from the top of smuggler's notch taking the Long Trail north to camel's hump, the bamforth ridge and river road in jonesville/bolton.
- green mountain madness: a longer trek starting at the Lincoln Gap north on the LT to Camel's Hump and ending up descending the bamforth ridge in jonesville.
- something in the whites