As a follow up to some email exchanged (and tMail's comment on the previous post), this Sunday should be great weather on the heels of three days of cold rain. Suggested hikes can include distance, weighted packs or both. I don't think we need to dive right into long-distance weighted packs, especially in the deep mud - but maybe that's just me and my sandy diaper.
Some ideas- a few of which should be left for drier conditions after memorial day:
- The Kilkenny Ridge to tap both Cabot and Waumbek on tMail's list.
- The Kinsman Ridge from Kinsman Notch to Franconia Notch, hitting Wolf Mtn, S & N Kinsman, the Cannon Balls and Cannon.
- Kinsman Ridge round trip starting from Kinsman Notch (Tap North Kinsman and return).
- Isolation loop starting on the Rocky Branch (after memorial day)
- Isolation w/ car spotted (Isolation Trail or Glen Boulder to Davis Path)
- Nancy Pond Tr to Stillwater Junction to Thoreau Falls Tr to Ethan Pond (requires spotting a car).
- Signal Ridge Tr. to Carrigain to Desolation to Wilderness to Thoreau Falls Tr. to AT.
- Hale Brook to Lend-a-Hand to Zealand, return via Zeacliff and Zealand Road.
- Webster Scout to Adams to Jefferson to Six Husbands to Great Gulf.
- A Pemi loop, skipping N. Twin and Galehead but tapping West Bond (I vote for a late June Pemi).
[Update 4/30] tMail has called it: He'll be running up the Jewell Trail, circling Mt. Clay a few times and then running up and over the Bad Boy, doing a few pushups and then waiting a few hours for me to catch up. Damn you, tMail!