5.26.2008

Isolation Trip Report

As tMail and MadDog get their trip reports to me in the comments, I'll post them here in the body. I just want to say this: Have you ever seen anyone run up Boott Spur? The Three Yahoos
Have you ever seen anyone run down Boott Spur? Even if you have, have you ever seen anyone run up and down Boott Spur? I have: tMail. The man is a machine. It was like watching to approaching cold front. Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide. Mutha's pics are posted here (slideshow) and tMail's here.

Mutha's Trip Report:

The route was Boott Spur to Isolation via the Davis Path, and back the same way. The conversation covered everything from the price of gas to beaver dams to Obama to the ethics of giving water to strangers on the trail. Even the ride home was nonstop (mostly me) chattering. I have nothing more to say to anyone, ever. I'm completely tapped out.

So as I was saying... our feet were soaked from early on, with frequent postholes down to cold slush and lots of mud and running water. We eventually stopped trying to avoid the soaking and just walked through ankle-deep water instead of rock-hopping.

It was a terrific day (I think MD was down to a little over a dozen Ibuprofen - a record!).
tMail's Trip Report: Things Learned - Things Witnessed
MadDog eats these little pills which makes him bounce off rocks
Muthaz will kill anyone in West Virgina
Muthaz will kill anyone that litters in the Whites
MadDog said something to me like Mush or go Tmail or Tmail this looks "trottable"
MadDog is to blame for everything, his words of wisdom "it just depends on how much pain you can take"
Muthaz will run for President at some point in his life and his VP will be a Sardine
I saw my first pregnant person on Boott Spur
MadDog carries a big shaft
MZ is a camel needs one drop of water for 7.5 hours of hiking
MadDog loves rail bed...
There are three summits for Isolation I stood on one of them does that mean I have to go back?
If anyone needs water in the Whites don't ask me unless you are on the following list:
- Muthaz
- G-$$$
- MPM
- Tmill
- MadDog
- Spanky
- Riley

MadDog's Trip Report: A few things for the pseudo-national archives
1. Given any opportunity to reveal his underwear, Tmail will do so.
2. Never utter the phrase "This looks trottable." within earshot of Tmail.
3. If someone should intentionally toss wrappings/personal trash onto the trail, Mutha must never come to know their identify. It could be fatal (for them).
4. The national weather service appeared to spot on with their detailed forecast of the day (except for rumblings and thunder). Which is OK, there was an ample supply of flatulence.
5. What is it with cinnamon raisin peanut butter?
6. What is it with sardines?
7. Dodges appears to be a class I-II pucker. I may have sinus infection the day that winter trip is done.
8. Tmail, chuckled and commented upon entry into the Prius stone-mobile, saying how was not not-so-clean. Little did he know, but I had just cleaned it for this trip, removing dust, saws, chisels, and granite pieces. Apparently there are different benchmarks - a stonemasons and Tmails :-)

2 comments:

  1. Things Learned - Things Witnessed

    MadDog eats these little pills which makes him bounce off rocks

    Muthaz will kill anyone in West Virgina

    Muthaz will kill anyone that litters in the Whites

    MadDog said something to me like Mush or go Tmail or Tmail this looks "trotable"

    MadDog is to blame for everything, his words of wisdom "it just depends on how much pain you can take"

    Muthaz will run for President at some point in his life and his VP will be a Sardine

    I saw my first pregnant person on Boott Spur

    MadDog carries a big shaft

    MZ is a camel needs one drop of water for 7.5 hours of hiking

    MadDog loves rail bed...

    There are three summits for Isolation I stood on one of them does that mean I have to go back?

    If anyone needs water in the Whites don't ask me unless you are on the following list:
    Muthaz
    G-$$$
    MPM
    Tmill
    MadDog
    Spanky
    Riley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics. Isolation is a turd.

    Sorry we missed it but we had fun in VT humping up Mt Hunger for the 79th time. The 55lb pack made it interesting. I think I sweat out bile.

    The Wyoming weight is going to be interesting. May do an overnight next weekend to test drive the heavy gear and camping skills.

    Keep killing the hills.

    ReplyDelete